SoundCloud is one the best music streaming website to listen to new and upcoming artists. Also users from around the world can upload their own audio files or songs for free. This is an opportunity for new artists to show what they are capable of doing. It is ranked 110 globally and 58 in United States of Ameriaca.
SoundCloud Pros and Cons
There’s a lot I like about this music streaming service:
- Lots of content
- Constant, fresh uploads
- No advertisements during songs
- Scrubbing support means you can move back and forth through songs
- You can listen to music without creating a user account
- App has a minimalist design and is very simple to use
- Your account can be used from more than one device at once
- Your own audio files can be uploaded
- Also has podcasts
- You won’t find the same songs you’ll get with other music streaming services.
More Information on SoundCloud
- New music can be found through genres such as Dancehall, Disco, Ambient, Country, Alternative Rock, Metal, Indie, Classical, Dubstep, Trance, World, Deep House, and others
- You can also find music on SoundCloud using the Charts page to quickly find the top 50 songs as well as what’s new and hot
- The country filter lets you pick music uploaded by people in different countries like Canada, Netherlands, United States, Germany, etc.
- When searching for tracks, you can filter them by when they were uploaded, length, and license, such as ones you can use commercially or ones you can share.
- Custom playlists can be built.
- Songs you “like” are collected together for you to access again
- The number of times a song has been played and liked are shown below each post on SoundCloud’s website
- You’re able to follow other SoundCloud users to stay up to date on their new uploads
- A repeat button lets you play the same track over and over
- The desktop version of SoundCloud recommends users to follow based on your listening activity, and you can connect to your Facebook account to follow friends who are on SoundCloud
- Users can leave comments through the website
- You can share what you’re listening to with others over social media sites and email
- Keyboard shortcuts (via the H key) let you quickly control playback on the desktop site
My Thoughts on SoundCloud
SoundCloud is a really neat idea because it provides a place for new artists to share their music but also for the rest of us to find new and interesting sounds and songs to stream.
How To Download Songs From SoundCloud | SoundCloud To MP3 Converter | SoundCloud MP3 | SoundCloud DownLoader
There three methods to download music from SoundCloud, they include:
- From SoundCloud itself
- Third party
Download Music From SoundCloud
To download music from soundcloud is very easy.
Follow these steps below:
- Firstly visit soundcloud.com
- Select the music you wish to download.
- Look below the track you’re playing, in the same area that you would go to comment on the track. On some tracks, you will see a button here marked “Download.” Just click that and you’re good to go.
This is the only way SoundCloud makes download of music available to its users. However, not all tracks can be downloaded. This is by design, as artists have the option to allow or disallow downloading of their tracks. You’ll also notice that you can only download one track at a time — downloading entire playlists isn’t an option.
SoudCloud DownLoader Via Third Party
Download via a browser extension
The simplest way to download from SoundCloud is to use a browser extension. There are a few out there, but we like SoundCloud Downloader Free for Chrome or SCDL SoundCloud Downloader for Firefox. The instructions here will be for Chrome since it’s so popular, but the steps are very similar for Firefox.
Step two: Find a track you want to download from SoundCloud.
Step three: Click the download button that now appears below every track, or hit the download button at the top to download a playlist.
A word of caution
While these extensions may be handy if you’re downloading a lot of files from SoundCloud, they do run the same risk of infecting your computer with a virus that any browser extension does. Be careful about what you click and what you install.
Download via a third-party website
If you’re only downloading infrequently, there is an easy way of downloading from SoundCloud that doesn’t require installing anything. Instead, you just copy the URL of a given song from the top of your browser and head to a website that handles the rest for you. There are a ton of sites that promise to do this, they include 9soundclouddownloader.com, soundcloudmp3.org, KlickAud, etc but the one we’ll use for this example is soundcloump3. As with browser extensions, you’ll want to be careful about which sites you trust.
Step one: Find a track you want to download from SoundCloud and copy the URL from the address bar at the top of your browser.
Step two: Head to the soundcloump3
Step three: Paste the URL and hit the Download button.
It’s worth mentioning that the reason a number of artists don’t want their tracks available for download is that they’re trying to sell them somewhere else. If you fall in love with an artist, consider looking to see if they have a Bandcamp page. Not only does buying tracks this way help to support the artist, but you’ll often end up with higher fidelity. In the case of Bandcamp, you’ll be able to download FLAC versions of the song, which don’t suffer from the same compression artifacts you’ll find from sites that convert SoundCloud songs to MP3.
Don’t forget to share this article with others. Simply use the social media icons below.